So as many of you know I have been advocating for Universal Healthcare since this blogs creation and started experiencing the cold shoulder of insurance companies. What exactly does the passage of this bill mean in the immediate for most Americans? Well I am glad you asked. Within the next 6 months the following will take place:
- No lifetime limits or maximum lifetime payouts
- Free preventative Medicare treatment
- No annual benefit limit
- You cannot be dropped due to illness
- Small business will get tax credits to help provide coverage to employees
- Adult aged children up to 26 can be on their parents plan
- Drug cost assistance to seniors
- Children cannot be denied due to pre-existing conditions
- A small high risk pool will be made available to adults with serious pre-existing conditions who have not been covered by insurance within the last 6 months. All others will have to wait until 2014.
- Social Security (which was said to lead to socialization and communism) passed by Democratic congress. Opposed by GOP (wonder if we can get the members of Congress who are about to or are currently collecting it to give it back or refuse payments).
- Medicare (was said that having this program in effect would lead to socialized medicine was opposed by Reagan) passed by Democratic congress. Opposed by GOP
- Civil rights legislation, passed by Democratic congress, opposed by GOP.
- Healthcare Reform, passed by Democratic congress, opposed by GOP.
More Republican senators feared the passing of this bill than a terrorist attack. That's according to one GOP lawmaker. You keep focusing on Healthcare and keeping Americans sick while a plane flies into another building. Your old boss is a great example to follow. You remember September 11, 2001 when terrorists were attacking our country and Dubya sat on his ass in a Florida classroom reading My Pet Goat?
In closing I have the following to say to the Republicans and Tea party members. You fear making and keeping Americans healthy over that of a terrorist attack? Nothing more can be said than what has already been said by Minority Whip Boehner "SHAME ON YOU." There is a special place in hell for all of you. You're on the short end of the moral dipstick and I look forward to karma kicking all your selfish asses.